Sunday, June 6, 2010

Morning Walk Revisited

This morning I walked willingly
omitting obligation
a grumpy fellowtraveler
Left him at home

I breathed
rain-washed earth pungency
I sang God’s praise
with robins and sparrows
I felt wind’s unwavering urgency

I absorbed Holy Spirit colors:
Deep blue morning glories
cascading over trellis ladders
Lush dense grass
wild from overnight storm
Orange palette day lilies
springing open at sunlight
Grey clouds superimposed
on bright white billows
with clear blue sky patches
peering through

Jesus,
breathe all vivid colors
of who you are
into my spirit’s lungs
willing me to live free
as you paint your image
in me

Nancy Godfrey
June 6, 2010

1 comment:

  1. Heya! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended
    up losing a few months of hard work due to no backup.
    Do you have any methods to prevent hackers?



    Have a look at my site; vexxhost feedback

    ReplyDelete