Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Your Word Lives

Your word
lives
my Lord

As I peruse
its sentences and paragraphs
chapters and books
you inhabit every syllable
you infuse every letter
of every word
with Holy Spirit strength
you create rhema words
that leap off the page
into the core
of my soul

The more I read your word
Abba-Father
the more it reads me

I find myself
in your writings

You tucked me
into every line
every story
every truth

Some days
when I open your word
it sifts my motives
challenges my thoughts
pierces my heart

I come away
exposed
wounded
torn apart

But because you energize
your word
with healing power
the pain is safe

When I am open
defenseless
naked before you
only then can you
reshape reform remake me
into the image
of the one
who indwells each segment
of your word:
Jesus.

Nancy Godfrey
Hebrews 4:12-13
February 13, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment