Sunday, May 10, 2009

Second Reflections

Initiating a blog is harder work than I expected. But then expectations and reality rarely match in my small corner of the world. I just finished some tweakings to my blog, five days after my first tutorial by our new Psalms 45:1 facilitator. And when I compare my sparse little blogspot to those of my writers' group friends, I feel small and insignificant.

I want to say something to encourage myself, like "Just wait. Your pages will fill up. Your columns will flesh out. Your archives will become replete with your writings." And then I recognize this voice of encouragement comes from my Abba-Father. He's the source of my keystrokes. He's the inspiration for my consummate need to communicate. "Yes, my Nina," he says. "I have fashioned you for myself. I will not abandon you in this venture. You are mine."

And I am content. Tired at the end of a Mother's Day weekend. But content. NG

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on starting a blog, Nancy. I'll be back. TheBookSleuth

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank-you nancy for sharing our Father's gentle whispers in the form of your writing. deb w

    ReplyDelete